Monday, January 31, 2011

Longboard Review : Sector 9 Carbon Decay Complete Longboard 37.7`

Versatile, to say the least.

I've been longboarding for about 2 years now. The first board I invested in was a Surf One in poor condition. After this I upgraded to the Sector 9 Carbon Trylam. The Trylam was GREAT but it delaminated after 3 months. So I emailed S9 and they said that since it delaminated they'll send me a Carbonite or a Carbon Decay. So I got the Decay. I've been riding it with the Gullwing Chargers (9.5in) I got in August 2010. I also got Orangatang 4pres yellow 86a and Bones Swiss 6's. I've ridden this board day in and day out. Definitely more than 500 hours pure riding time and it has held up ALOT better than the Trylam. It seems that S9 fixed the delamination scandals. This board is a versitile one, as that I have bombed hills, done plenty of sliding, moderate cross-stepping and quite a few tiger claw variations. This board is a great deal for the price, and is worth EVERY penny.
Only recommendations to make this board a great one like mine is to get some harder compound wheels, as that the ones that come with this are like 78a or something. If you want soft wheels than don't change them, but I'm telling you depending on your riding, these wheels will be torn apart in no time. Also those greaseball bearings are a JOKE. They're nice a fast but you can't really maintain them all that well, as that they are fixed-wall bearings.  Mine has my own personal paint job and is in for some clear grip.

 
By -M.Thomas (Arkansas) 

Highly Recommended  -  Sector 9 Carbon Decay Platinum Longboard - Blue

2 comments:

Adam Smith said...

There shouldn't be any question about the performance of the Sector 9 Longboards. I always watch that perfect and professional riders have a special affinity to this brand. My one is Sector 9 blue wave Longboard. I love my board.

Unknown said...

I love the design and concept of this board! Unfortunately I only ever owned one Rimable Longboard it was stolen. Thanks for sharing this post.